Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Commitment.
We define Corporate Social Responsibility as a constant promise to help improve our impact on our employees, within our local communities and society at large. We are committed to doing business ethically, yielding long-term, sustainable benefits for all our stakeholders. We recognise how global, social and environmental factors drive the need to re-examine how business is done; hence our core values underpin our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.
- We work with local schools to provide STEM support and IT enrichment for all children through visits, assemblies, curriculum support and enrichment activities, to help inspire the next generation of STEM specialists.
- We work with Newcastle United Foundation to focus additional support in schools and communities in areas of deprivation.
- We work with Newcastle United Foundation as a key partner in supporting The Prince’s Trust programme, offering placements and visits to disadvantaged young adults (aged 16-25) no longer in education and employment.
- We are committed to offering opportunities to service leavers through the Civilian Work Attachment scheme. Through the scheme, we offer an opportunity for service leavers to join the Civilian Work Attachment (CWA) scheme as part of a structured training package to ensure they have skills relevant to industry.
- We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant to demonstrate our commitment to supporting service leavers.
- We have achieved and will maintain the Cisco Environmental Sustainability Specialisation supporting our customers in understanding the lifecycle management process and supporting global sustainability.
- We encourage hybrid working for our employees, where practicable. We also encourage remote meetings with suppliers and customers when feasible.
- We assess our CO2 emissions and offset our emissions when we do not achieve net zero operating emissions.
- We run a paperless office, encouraging all communications via electronic means. When printing is unavoidable, all printing paper is non-bleached and 100% recycled. We also encourage printed documents to be shredded and recycled when no longer needed.
- We recycle as much office waste as possible via our in-office recycling bins.
- We actively work towards reducing the gender gap within the IT industry, aiming our support in local schools and communities to focus on encouraging women into the industry.
- We review our pay bands, company-wide salaries, training and opportunities across the business, ensuring no pay gap discrepancies, such as gender pay differences.
- We minimise shipments as far as possible by working with our suppliers to consolidate shipments.