**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
At Forfusion, we take pride in delivering world-class project delivery and support services to our rapidly growing client base. We're looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and resourceful individual to join our design team to help deliver secure network environments and solutions using the latest Cisco security products and services.
There's never been a more exciting time for us, and we're looking for like-minded, ambitious individuals who can help us build our business.
Who Will Succeed in This Role?
You must have experience with application support across Windows and Linux Server platforms. You will have worked in a 2nd line support role dealing with and reacting to incidents and resolving tickets within tight SLA's.
We require additional security checks to be carried out on you for this role, so the successful individual must be eligible to hold a DV clearance and above.
Our engineers share a common set of characteristics and bring the experience that drives innovation and delivers customer value; in particular they:
- Have a good understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging digital strategies, solutions, and trends.
- Understand the importance of customer SLA/KPI's and strive diligently to ensure these are met. An awareness of escalation procedures and best practices is also vital.
- Possess situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from both business and technology perspectives.
- Display an ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including strong customer facing and team collaboration skills.
- Show empathy, curiosity, and a desire to challenge and constantly improve, acquire new skills, and drive results.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will display the following attributes:
- Excellent spoken and written English, able to clearly articulate ideas, issues and updates to customers and peers, coupled with a high degree of due diligence and attention to detail.
- Well organised, able to prioritise multiple work streams whilst maintaining the common sense to escalate when workloads may pose a risk to customer delivery and SLA's.
- Able to work well under pressure, doesn't get flustered and has a clear understanding of their own abilities.
- Customer-service oriented with a strong problem-solving attitude, alongside strong analytical skills and excellent conflict management skills.
- Able to think for yourself and effectively challenge both colleagues and customers when required to ensure the correct business outcomes.
What Qualifications And Experience Are Required?
- Linux Administrator/Redhat Administrator
- A minimum of 3 (preferably 5) years relevant experience in a Systems Engineering or 2nd/3rd Line technical role
- Knowledge of Cisco networking technologies and network protocols.
- A good understanding of Linux based operating systems
- Experience working with other technologies such as Windows Server and VMware
- An understanding of NGINX solutions
Exposure to the following is advantageous:
- Scripting languages like PowerShell, Python & Bash
- Cisco management applications like Cisco Prime Infrastructure, DNA Centre and Cisco ISE
You will be expected to:
- Become part of a dynamic team of mixed skills engineers
- Have a good appetite for learning new technologies as the customer deploys them
- Be able to work independently as and when needed
- Be able to communicate at all levels
You are looking for advancement and investment in yourself. You want to progress along clear milestones which are 100% within your control. When you're stuck, you have the humility to ask for help and feel no shame in doing so. You want to be trained, coached, mentored, challenged and stretched. You relish a different culture that affords you flexibility, sensible work/life integration and the chance to be an integral part of a winning team.