What is a Civilian Work Attachment?
The Civilian Work Attachment (CWA) is a scheme that allows members of HM Armed Forces transitioning from the Military to gain insight into a particular job role or industry through unpaid training or work experience.
It's an excellent opportunity for Service leavers to gain vital experience in a civilian work environment, which may assist in future career decisions.
How can Forfusion help improve my employability?
As a signatory to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant, Forfusion is committed to offering opportunities to service leavers. We recognise that a significant challenge those leaving the Military face is getting relevant civilian industry experience on their CVs.
Therefore, we offer service leavers an opportunity to join Forfusion temporarily on a Civilian Work Attachment (CWA) as part of a structured training and mentoring package to ensure that service leavers have skills relevant to industry.
Our CWA offers service leavers the perfect opportunity to determine whether a career within the IT industry is for them when they transition to civvy street.
Who is of interest?
We're interested in speaking to any military service leaver looking to obtain work experience within the IT industry, particularly Cisco technologies.
What commitment is required?
Forfusion's CWA is a structured programme running over three full days. Graduated Resettlement Time (GRT) can be used for attendance.
What experience will you gain?
Service leavers will obtain valuable experience within the workplace within a wide range of business areas focussed on ensuring the service leaver has a smooth transition to civilian employment. Typical expertise that may be gained includes:
- Insight into all business areas within Forfusion to understand how businesses function.
- Identification of an individual's level of technical currency and competence and what type of employment they should apply for as their first role post-military.
- Technical training guidance will be provided to individuals who require specific skills for their desired job roles. Our experienced team can advise on relevant technical training programs, courses, and certifications that can enhance their knowledge and competence in their respective fields.
After completion of the CWA activity, comprehensive written feedback will be provided to all attendees.
We're pleased to offer a voluntary mentoring program to support individuals transitioning to their first job placement, whether with Forfusion or another company. This program entails the availability of experienced engineers or project managers who will provide valuable advice and guidance tailored to the needs of the individual service leavers.
The mentoring program will cover a wide range of guidance to help individuals succeed in their job search and career development. This includes:
- Assisting with CV writing, helping attendees create impactful CVs highlighting their skills and experience.
- Guidance on job searching techniques, helping individuals navigate job boards, online platforms, and networking opportunities to find suitable job openings.
- Support in interview techniques, equipping individuals with the necessary skills to excel in interviews. This will include guidance on preparing for interviews, common interview questions, and tips for showcasing their qualifications effectively.
- Provide transition guidance to help individuals smoothly integrate into their new roles. This guidance will encompass understanding workplace dynamics, adapting to new environments, and developing effective communication and collaboration skills.
We're an agile team of IT experts trusted by large public and private sector companies to design, implement and manage mission-critical IT infrastructure. We partner with major vendors (such as Cisco and Microsoft), meaning our approach is always 'vendor-agnostic', allowing us to prescribe the best solutions for customers' requirements. We take pride in delivering world-class services to our ever-growing client base.