**STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
At Forfusion we take pride in delivering world class IT support services to our ever-growing customer base. Your goal is to provide engineering expertise as a senior member of the service desk team and contribute to the successful delivery of our managed IT services.
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer, you are responsible for providing technical solutions to incidents raised by our customers. The role involves the diagnosis and troubleshooting of hardware & software issues and is critical to maintaining the availability and integrity of our customers IT systems.
There’s never been a more exciting time for us, and we’re looking for like-minded and talented individuals who can help us build our business on this exciting journey…
Who Will Succeed in This Role?
Our support engineers share a common set of characteristics and bring the experience that drives innovation and delivers customer value, in particular they:
- Have a good understanding of the wider technology industry, including current and emerging digital strategies, solutions and trends.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and a proficiency in conveying complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Possess situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from both business and technology perspectives.
- Display an ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including strong customer facing and team collaboration skills.
- Show empathy, curiosity, and a desire to challenge and constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results.
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer you provide engineering support to customers and colleagues as part of the Service Desk team, performing tasks such as device configuration, troubleshooting, and moves, adds and changes to system components. You will be part of a team responsible for fulfilling all inbound requests for assistance with incidents, problems and events responding and resolving issues within agreed customer SLA’s.
- Complete work streams and daily tasks as directed by the Service Desk Manager.
- Conduct designated tasks with minimal supervision in resolving problems or enquiries.
- Display effective troubleshooting techniques to resolve or determine where issues may exist prior to escalating to 3rd Line Support Engineers or engaging vendor technical assistance.
- Complete troubleshooting of routers, switches, firewalls, servers, applications etc from our Service Desk.
- Log and categorise incidents with detail and accuracy to an appropriate level, responding to contacts within agreed SLA.
- Liaise with colleagues and external providers, escalating incidents to ensure acceptable fault resolution, whilst providing regular customer updates about incident progress.
- Maintain configuration information (Hardware and Software Assets).
- Drive development and maintain system tools used, particularly the monitoring and ticketing functions.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Apply pre-authorised changes such as requests for new users and routine updates such as patching.
- Perform system tests using defined test plan documentation provided either by the wider engineering team or taken from vendor device guides and data sheets.
As a key member of our Service Desk team you will display the following attributes:
- Excellent spoken and written English, able to clearly articulate ideas, issues and updates to customers and peers, coupled with a high-degree of due diligence and attention to detail.
- Well organised, able to prioritise multiple work streams whilst maintaining the common sense to escalate when workloads may pose a risk to customer delivery and SLA’s.
- Able to work well under pressure, doesn’t get flustered and has a clear understanding of their own abilities.
- Customer-service oriented with a strong problem-solving attitude, alongside strong analytical skills and excellent conflict management skills.
- Able to think for yourself and able to effectively challenge both colleagues and customers when required to ensure the correct business outcomes.
What Qualifications and experience are required?
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the following experience and learning:
- A minimum of 3 (preferably 5) years relevant engineering experience in a technical support engineering environment or similar technical role.
- Excellent Cisco networking skills (CCNA) and an intimate understanding of Cisco WAN/LAN and security solutions including experience of SD-A, DNA-C, ISE, Stealthwatch, FirePOWER and Umbrella.
- Evidence of managing, configuring and troubleshooting multiple technology pillars across a wide range of different customer environments (e.g. Voice, WAN, LAN, DC and Security).
- ITIL Foundation
- A level passes at grade ‘C’ and above in Maths, English and/or relevant science or engineering subject.
You are looking for advancement and investment in you. You want to progress along clear milestones which are 100% within your control. When you're stuck, you have the humility to ask for help and feel no shame in doing so. You want to be trained, coached, mentored, challenged and stretched. You relish a different culture that affords you flexibility, sensible work/life integration and the chance to be an integral part of a winning team.